Friday, April 18, 2014

What's So Good about Good Friday?

Today is set aside to remember the death of our Savior.  But it seemingly comes and goes quietly.  It's the day we plant our garden and for some it's a holiday from work.  I was thinking how it compares to the all the attention and memorial services given to the 911 and Boston Marathon deaths.  The media starts talking about it weeks ahead.  Now don't get me wrong, I fully agree and morn with these families.  But, why is it this way?   Afterall, our Savior's death was the most horrific punishment of all.  He surrendered.  For love.  My daughter sent me these words from a song that says it all:

"This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That You would take my place
That You would bear my cross
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free
Oh, Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me"

It is my prayer that my heart will be continuously quickened with the amazing sacrifice that my Savior made for me.  It was the ultimate act of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment