Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I'm Looking Forward to Being an Old Person

I saw this video on Facebook this morning - a son playing the guitar while his elderly mother played the harmonica. The song, "Blessed Assurance".  It got me thinking.


I have always loved old people, especially those who still have the music in them.  The older I get the more I love them. I hope I get to be one someday!!!  I had the best grandmothers! I decided today that I am going to be a good old person.  You know that old person that lives life free.  The older I get the easier that is.  Well, it's not easier physically.  My body doesn't "feel" free.  It feels pretty immobile sometimes, but spiritually and emotionally, there's less comparison with others and less awareness of what others are thinking of me.  I'm not sure why age brings a license to "be bold" but I like it. I suppose it's because I have my sites on heaven and spending eternity with my sweet Jesus.

So for now, instead of gasping as the age goes up each year, I'm going to be planning those acts that make those young "whippersnappers" gasp!  LOL.

I do not know the folks in the video but I sure am grateful that he shared it.  It made my day!!

FYI - a whippersnapper is a young and inexperienced person considered to be presumptuous or overconfident.

No comments:

Post a Comment